Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training was established in July 2011 in the wake of 18th Amendment. Some of the Departments/Organizations previously under MOLM and MOE were placed under this Ministry. Supreme Court of Pakistan in its Judgment dated 25th November, 2011 directed that in view of insertion of Article 25-A in the Constitution, the Federal Government cannot absolve itself from the responsibility of providing Education to its citizens.
In the light of Supreme Court Judgment, a Summary was moved to Prime Minister of Pakistan who was pleased to approve the renaming of Ministry as “Ministry of Education and Training” which was duly notified by the Cabinet Division on 24th July, 2012.Subsequently, the Council of Common Interest (CCI) in its meeting held on 8th November, 2012 endorsed the renaming of Ministry and approved its functioning with the subjects already assigned to it.
On reorganization of Federal Secretariat the Ministry renamed as Ministry of Education, Trainings & Standards in Higher Education vide Cabinet Division’s notification No. 4-8/2013-Min-I dated: 07th June, 2013.
On 19th June, 2014 Ministry has now renamed as Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training vide Cabinet Division’s notification No. 4-10/2011-Min-I dated: 19th June, 2014.
“Developing Pakistan as a progressive and prosperous country by providing all citizens a fair and equal opportunity to receive quality education and skills to achieve optimum potential”
“To develop human resources by ensuring equal access and educational excellence across Pakistan”
- Integrity – above board
- Pursuit of excellence – in our work
- Team work – breaking silos
- Innovation – ideas for transformational change
- Sense of responsibility – to citizens
- National cohesion on education policies and reforms, and focusing national attention on education issues
- Lead Educational Standard setting
- Leading programs of national importance to ensure equity and cohesion
- Leading international cooperation and coordination on education matters
- Achieve universal literacy in the country
- Integration of Religious Educational Institutions
- Collect, analyze and disseminate information on key education indicators including student learning assessments and education financing
- Manage, supervise and implement formal education in schools and colleges under ICT through the Federal Directorate of Education
- Registration & regulation of Private Educational Institutions in ICT and enforcement of relevant rules & regulations on private education sector
- Contribute to the education of young through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law
- Lead a coordination of academic evaluation across Pakistan, especially for quality in large scale student exams through the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
- Human Resource Management, Finance and Coordination
- Policy Development, Planning and Evaluation
- International Coordination and Special Initiatives
- Skill Development & Non-formal Education
- Formal Education